How to treat a cold sore naturally. Cold sores can be triggered for many reasons other than just a cold or infection in the body.
How to treat a cold sore naturally
A cold sore can manifest itself because of stress to the body whether it be emotional or a physical issue. It can also be caused by fatigue. Cold weather or too much sunlight might trigger a cold sore to pop out. Hormone changes or a weakened immune system may also be the cause for a breakout of cold sores.
A cold sore is caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV-1) An outbreak can be triggered and generally manifests itself on the lip or the face region. The HSV Virus is thought to hide in the spine or the sacral area of the body when dormant.
Cold sores are highly contagious and can be transferred from one person to another very easily through body fluids.
Symptoms of an outbreak
Symptoms of an outbreak may include:
- Low-grade fever
- Slow healing of cuts
A cold sore is a fluid-filled blister that eventually forms a scab. Cold sores can be very painful as it moves through the stages of healing.
Things to remember
These are important things to remember when you have an outbreak:
- Wash your hands with soap regularly, especially after touching the sore.
- Do not pick or touch the cold sore.
- Do not touch other people with the cold sore, such as kissing.
- Cold sores are highly contagious.
- Carried from person to person in the body fluid such as saliva.
Cold sores can be very painful. Here are a few natural products that may help ease the pain.
- Simplicity Essential Oil– A blend of potent anti-viral essential oils that target the HSV-1 and 2 virus. This blend may kill the virus on the sore and continue to follow the path of the virus back to the source in the body.
- Spice C Essential Oil
- Bergamot Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Melissa Essential Oil
- Melissa blend Essential oil
- Opoponax Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- L-Lysine Supplement
When using essential oils always follow directions and use precaution. Simplicity Essential Oils should be diluted with distilled water or spring water. Other essential oils should be diluted also.
Possibly by starting treatment early, the effects of a cold sore may be minimized. These oils may also help speed the recovery.
Looking for other natural tips to make it through the winter while trying to stay healthy?
Feel free to share this post with others who may suffer from cold sores. I love comments, please leave them below.