This is a great recipe for chicken, pork and even pheasant.
Whats for dinner?
I have tried it with all 3. I like them all. They each have their own flavor depending on what meat you use. If you have a hunter in your family this is a great way to cook up the pheasant.
Oriental Chicken Almondine.
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- ⅓ Cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 TBS Soy sauce
- ½ C sliced almonds
- 2 TBS Butter
- ¼ lbs mushrooms sliced
- 1 Med onions sliced
- Hot cooked rice or egg noodles
- Trim excess fat off of meat and cut into ¾ inch cubes. Roll cubes in flour and sauce over high heat. Stir until light brown.
- Stir in broth and soy sauce.
- In small skillet toast onions in TBS butter, remove and set aside.
- Melt the rest of the butter and sauté mushrooms.
- Add onions and mushrooms to chicken mixture. Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 30 min till chicken is tender.
- Stir in almonds.
- Garnish with green onions if used.