Little Lost Creations may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. my full disclosure can be read here.
I have no time to be sick, especially in the Spring! Here is a recipe I use when I happen to catch something that puts me down sick for a few days?
- 2-3 TBS Honey (to taste)
- 3 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 TBS Lemon Juice
- 1 quart of boiling water
- I pour into a 1 quart jar and stir all ingredients together. Pour into a mug, and add 3 drops cayenne tincture. I like to drink it all day long warm or cold.
- Honey has been noted to be a good antibiotic, it also reduces a cough and throat irritation.
- Apple Cider Vinegar helps nasal congestion and sinus drainage also has antibiotic properties. It also contains potassium which thins the mucus.
- Lemon Juice is high in vitamin C and helps to rehydrate the body.
- Cayenne tincture also helps clear congestion and detox the body
I try to drink a couple of jars of this a day when I get sick to try to help my body fight against whatever the nasty bug could be.
Something else to try
I also use a tincture called APL. This tincture has some really good herbs including garlic that may be a big help fighting off those nasty flu bugs. This doesn’t taste very good but it sure helps get a handle on the illness.
I also like to use 2 Airborne when we start to feel sick. It has a pleasant taste and is loaded with vitamin C. Summertime is the time to start building up that immune system for when the kids go back to school in the fall.
Have things on hand so you are prepared.
I think the biggest thing we have found is to start with the first feeling of an illness. Get a jump-start on it before it can set in. The best thing is you may have some of these in your home already.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Wishing you a healthy year, but just in case have these things on hand so you will be ready. Feel free to share this post. I would love to hear from you. Please leave comments below.