Little Lost Creations may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. my full disclosure can be read here.
Easy Homemade Bread Recipe
You will love this easy recipe and your family will love it too.
Easy Homemade Bread
- 10 1/2 Cups Whole wheat or White flour
- 1 TBS Salt
- 2 TBS Yeast
- 3 TBS Sugar
- 1 1/4 C mashed potatoes or potato flakes
- Mix Together
- Add 4 Cups Luke Warm Water
- 2 TBS Vinegar (I use Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Mix and knead for 10-15 minutes. Fifteen minutes if you are using whole wheat flour. (Use 1/2 and 1/2 whole wheat and white.)
- Makes 4 loaves
- After kneading put in a large bowl, cover with a towel and let rise.
- Punch down and pour out a clean counter with olive oil on it to keep it from sticking. Oil the pans. Divide into 4 even sections. Roll out with a rolling pin to get the bubbles out. Roll up and pinch the ends and squeeze the seam together. Put into your bread pans and let rise. covered with a towel in a warm place.
- After rising bake.
- Bake: at 350 for 10 Minutes
- Turn the oven down to 310 and continue baking for for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Brush with butter or milk for a softer top.
I use a cast iron bread pan. I love the crispness it gives to the crust. I oil the pan and then put the bread in. I am sure to take it out as soon as I take it out of the oven because the pan stays hot and will continue to cook the bread. Cast iron pans may be purchased by clicking on this link.