Easy Homemade Bread Recipe
You will love this easy recipe and your family will love it too.
- 10 1/2 Cups Whole wheat or White flour
- 1 TBS Salt
- 2 TBS Yeast
- 3 TBS Sugar
- 1 1/4 C mashed potatoes or potato flakes
- Mix Together
- Add 4 Cups Luke Warm Water
- 2 TBS Vinegar (I use Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Mix and knead for 10-15 minutes. Fifteen minutes if you are using whole wheat flour. (Use 1/2 and 1/2 whole wheat and white.)
- Makes 4 loaves
- After kneading put in a large bowl, cover with a towel and let rise.
- Punch down and pour out a clean counter with olive oil on it to keep it from sticking. Oil the pans. Divide into 4 even sections. Roll out with a rolling pin to get the bubbles out. Roll up and pinch the ends and squeeze the seam together. Put into your bread pans and let rise. covered with a towel in a warm place.
- After rising bake.
- Bake: at 350 for 10 Minutes
- Turn the oven down to 310 and continue baking for for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Brush with butter or milk for a softer top.
I use a cast iron bread pan. I love the crispness it gives to the crust. I oil the pan and then put the bread in. I am sure to take it out as soon as I take it out of the oven because the pan stays hot and will continue to cook the bread. Cast iron pans may be purchased by clicking on this link.
**This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small percentage if you make a purchase using the links, at no additional cost to you. I try to feature products helpful & applicable to the posts, I hope you will find them useful too!