Easy Homemade Bread Recipe
You will love this easy recipe and your family will love it to.
Easy Homemade Bread
Recipe type: Wheat or White Bread
Serves: 4 loaves
Easy bread recipe. We live at a high altitude and it works very well.
- 10½ Cups Whole wheat or White flour
- 1 TBS Salt
- 2 TBS Yeast
- 3 TBS Sugar
- 1¼ C mashed potatoes or potato flakes
- Mix Together
- Add 4 Cups Luke Warm Water
- 2 TBS Vinegar (I use Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Mix and knead for 10-15 minutes. Fifteen minutes if you are using whole wheat flour. (Use ½ and ½ whole wheat and white.)
- Makes 4 loaves
- After kneading put in a large bowl, cover with a towel and let rise.
- Punch down and pour out a clean counter with olive oil on it to keep it from sticking. Oil the pans. Divide into 4 even sections. Roll out with a rolling pin to get the bubbles out. Roll up and pinch the ends and squeeze the seam together. Put into your bread pans and let rise. covered with a towel in a warm place.
- After rising bake.
- Bake: at 350 for 10 Minutes
- Turn the oven down to 310 and continue baking for for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Brush with butter or milk for a softer top.