Is taking time for yourself to rejuvenate important? Studies show it is important not only for your physical well being but also for your emotional well being.
Healthy Steps to Rejuvenate
Everyone needs someplace to go where they feel safe, comfortable and can rejuvenate from stress or maybe just a hard day. Some people require peace and quiet, and others may do better being around other people. The important thing is you make time for you. Do you know what you require to help you rejuvenate rest your body and mind?
Here are a few tips to help you find what you may need.
- It is important whatever you pick or where ever you go, you need to feel comfortable.
- Find a place you can really relax and let go of everything else just for a little while.
- A place you can smile and just be yourself and feel accepted.
- Maybe include music you enjoy and find relaxing or maybe you play an instrument that is relaxing to you.
- Diffusing essential oils may help calm and relax your mind and body.
- Maybe a cup of relaxing herbal tea. Make sure you are not drinking something with caffeine or other stimulants.
- Animals can be very relaxing and calming. They also make great listeners and your secrets are safe with them.
- Plants can also create a relaxing atmosphere and create a calming feeling.
- Maybe a relaxing hot bath would be what you need.
- A quiet walk in nature or through a quiet park.
- A good book in a quiet spot.
A place to rejuvenate and relax does not need to be expensive, it can be simple and can be different each time. The important thing is you are taking time for yourself to de-stress and unwind.
Hopefully, these ideas help you decide what you need to create a quiet time for you.
When my kids were in their pre-teen and teenage years life could be a real challenge. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to listen to the things they had to say, I just needed some downtime for me. Oddly as it may sound my space was in the middle of a corral where I fed bottle calves.
This was also my place to work, but it was relaxing to me. I would sit and watch the babies. It was a calming healthy atmosphere.
My kids also knew if I was there they were welcome to join me and visit, but this is not where they came to fight with their siblings.
I loved it when they would come and sit with me and we could talk especially about things they needed to talk about.
Through the years as life changes, I have had many places I have made into my quiet spots. Currently, I have a little nook/library at the top of my stairs. There I use my essential oils and music to relax. Our kids have grown up and moved out to live their own lives so my house is usually quiet.
Outside I am working on my herb garden. I find it very relaxing to sit in the dirt and pull weeds and listen to my farm animals, birds and other noises on the farm.
Where and what do you do to experience peace and rejuvenate your energy? I would love to hear. Send pictures also.