This post includes affiliate links. I have tried several different recipes looking for the one that I like the best. So far this is the one for me and my family. I like this one a little better than the last one I posted. One of the reasons is because I used milk instead of water and I added eggs. This gave it a little more nutritional value than the other recipe. They are both really good! They both have a good texture and a good flavor. I added the Vitamin C capsules. From what I learned is the Vitamin C is a natural dough enhancer.
- 10½ cups whole wheat or white flour (It will probably take more but I start here)
- 1 TBS Salt
- 2 TBS Yeast (I use SAF)
- 3 TBS Sugar
- 1¼ Cups mashed potatoes or instant potatoes mixed up
- 4 cups scalded milk - cooled to luke warm
- 2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 capsules of Vitamin C (break it open and dump the powder in throw capsules away)
- Mix and knead for 10-15 minutes. Fifteen minutes if you are using whole wheat flour. (Use ½ and ½ whole wheat and white.)
- Makes 4 loaves
- After kneading put in a large bowl, cover with a towel and let rise.
- Punch down and pour out a clean counter with olive oil on it to keep it from sticking. Oil the pans. Divide into 4 even sections. Roll out with a rolling pin to get the bubbles out. Roll up and pinch the ends and squeeze the seam together. Put into your bread pans and let rise. covered with a towel in a warm place.
- After rising bake.
- Bake: at 350 for 10 Minutes
- Turn the oven down to 310 and continue baking for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Brush with butter or milk for a softer top.
I hope you enjoy the recipe. Please comment below and let me know how you did and if you have any suggestions.