Little Lost Creations may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. my full disclosure can be read here.
I have tried several different recipes looking for the one that I like the best. So far this is the one for me and my family.
My favorite easy bread recipe
Finding a good bread recipe that works for you and for your family can sometimes be a little difficult. I have tried many recipes and this one is probably my favorite. I have adjusted it a little.
One of the reasons is because I used milk instead of water and I added eggs. This gave it a little more nutritional value than some other recipes. This recipe has good texture and a good flavor. I added the Vitamin C capsules. From what I learned is the Vitamin C is a natural dough enhancer.
- 10½ cups whole wheat or white flour (It will probably take more but I start here)
- 1 TBS Salt
- 2 TBS Yeast
- 3 TBS Sugar
- 1¼ Cups mashed potatoes or instant potatoes mixed up
- 4 cups scalded milk - cooled to lukewarm
- 2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 capsules of Vitamin C (break it open and dump the powder in throw capsules away)
- Mix and knead for 10-15 minutes. Fifteen minutes if you are using whole wheat flour. (Use ½ and ½ whole wheat and white.)
- Makes 4 loaves
- After kneading put in a large bowl, cover with a towel and let rise.
- Punch down and pour out a clean counter with olive oil on it to keep it from sticking. Oil the pans. Divide into 4 even sections. Roll out with a rolling pin to get the bubbles out. Roll up and pinch the ends and squeeze the seam together. Put into your bread pans and let rise. covered with a towel in a warm place.
- After rising bake.
- Bake: at 350 for 10 Minutes
- Turn the oven down to 310 and continue baking for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Brush with butter or milk for a softer top.
It is now ready to cool or just eat it while it is hot. Who can resist homemade bread right out of the oven covered with homemade raspberry jam and lots of butter?
I hope you enjoy the recipe. Please comment below and let me know how you did.