I love my chickens but what do you do with all of the extra eggs? We make omelets, scrambled eggs, and everything we can think of to use up the eggs in our meals. But we still have lots of eggs. We give them to our kids when they come to visit and friends that stop by.
Time to make a treat with all of the extra eggs. This is one of my favorite things to make. Especially with strawberries or raspberries.
- 1 C sifted Cake flour
- ¾ C sugar
- 1½ C egg whites (approx 12 eggs)
- 1½ tsp Cream of Tartar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1¾ tsp vanilla
- ¾ C sugar
- Sift the flour with ¾ cup of sugar 2 times, set aside. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar, salt, vanilla until stiff enough to form soft peaks, but still moist and glossy. Add remaining ¾ cup sugar 2 tablespoons at a time, beat until egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Set ¼ of flour mixture over whites, stir in and repeat with the remaining flour by fourths.
- Bake in ungreased 10" tube pan at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until brown.
- Turn the cake and pan upside down on a pop bottle or funnel until cooled.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Feel free to leave comments and ideas below. And as always share with your friends.