Little Lost Creations may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. my full disclosure can be read here.
What is the most important part of your saddle? As you run through all of the parts of your saddle in your head visualizing the beautiful leather work, stirrups, or maybe your brand on the back.
Your cinch – most important part
Wait if you guessed the cinch you are right.
Where would a saddle be without a cinch? I am sure there are many cowboys that could answer that question with an entertaining story.
I know of one cowboy with a great story. While pulling a heifer through a snow-covered meadow his cinch broke. He spun around mid-air feet still in the stirrups and glided smoothly to the ground, still dallied, facing the heifer, wondering in bewilderment, what had just happened. He sat watching that cow alone in the meadow deserted by his trusty steed and his cow dog.
What to look for when purchasing a cinch?
- Quality of the material is very important, making sure it is strong and won’t fray and wear out easily.
- It is very important there is no stitching or leather that can rub the horse and cause any type of sores.
- The type of hardware is also very important. Some brands of buckles can rub the horse causing sores.
While there are many brands to buy, with many designs and features I would like to share with you my favorite. A handmade cinch from Hatch Tack.
Here are some of the things I like about the cinches from Hatch Tack.
All of their products are made with quality craftsmanship. Each cinch is handcrafted by Siara Hatch. Through the center of the cinch, a nylon strip is sewn and wrapped with mohair to protect the horse and also for durability. The dees are also looped in with the nylon webbing.
Each cinch is made from quality mohair for durability and strength.
- Flat hardware is used to protect the horse from rubbing. The hardware used is stainless steel or solid brass.
- A Custom cinch can be ordered with your brand or favorite design.
- Siara can make your cinch in a variety of colors.
- Cinches can be ordered made to fit, ranging from 26″ to 36″ long.
About Hatch Tack
Hatch Tack is family owned and operated. Cordell and Siara are happy to make custom tack to fit your needs. They make a variety of leather products from saddles, cinches, taps, chaps, woolies, spur straps and more.
If you happen to be in the market for a new wallet talk to their 9-year-old son Levi, their best apprentice.
Hatch Tack is home to the original Waxed Cotton Rope. Cowboys love it!! You can see the learn more here.
I hope you enjoy my blog post. Be sure and stop by Hatch Tack’s online store to see their quality products.