Little Lost Creations may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. my full disclosure can be read here.
Homemade breadsticks are another one of our family favorites. I made a pan of these to take (more)for Activity Days. Sorry, the girls loved them so much, they were gone before I took the final picture of them cooked. But here is the recipe and directions to make them.
- 1 TBS Yeast
- 2 TBS Sugar
- 1½ Cups Warm Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3½ Cups Flour
- ½ cube of butter
- I usually double this recipe.
- Pour yeast and sugar into bowl with warm water. Let it work until it starts to bubble.
- Add salt and flour
- On a cookie sheet put ½ cube of butter on pan and place in the oven to melt the butter.
- Mix dough well. Roll out on a greased or floured surface. Cut with a pizza cutter into ¾ inch strips. Fold over and twist, roll in melted butter. Place sideways in the pan of melted butter. (make sure it isn't too hot)
- Season to taste
- bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
Pour the yeast, warm water, and sugar into the bowl, stir lightly to mix together, wait for 5 -10 minutes to let it work. Now add the salt and flour to the mixture and mix it up. This will make a sticky dough, the breadsticks will be light and fluffy. Mix it up.
Grease the countertop with olive oil. Put a stick of butter in your pan and put it in the oven until the butter is melted. (let your pan cool if it is too hot)
Roll the breadsticks out on the counter.
Cut your dough with a pizza cutter about 3/4 of an inch wide. (I use a plastic one so it won’t hurt my countertops) Don’t worry the strips don’t have to be perfect. Fold the strips in half and twist them. Roll them in the butter that is melted in your pan. Place the dough sideways in the pan.
Now it is time to season. I use garlic powder, garlic salt, parmesan cheese and sesame seeds if I have them. It takes a fair amount of seasoning on them. Just season to your own taste.
Put them into the oven at 425 degrees for around 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
I hope you enjoy your breadsticks. Feel free to share this with your friends.